Careers at nanoscience analytical
Materials Scientist I
This role offers an exciting opportunity to enhance your experience in the field of materials science. We employ a wide range of versatile techniques and measurements for the fabrication and analysis of nanomaterials. If you have a keen interest in expanding your skill sets and working on diverse applications of nanomaterials, particularly in the fields of energy and biomaterials, then this role is ideal for you! Under direct supervision, uses fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of fields of specialization to perform routine scientific research tasks requiring application of established techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- May prepare samples/prototypes for internal or external analysis
- Ability to interpret and effectively execute upon a variety of instructions provided in written, oral, diagram or schedule formats.
- Ensure all laboratory equipment is operated properly and kept in good working condition
- May assist in the preparation of experimental protocols, summaries, and reports
- As needed, maintain inventory of laboratory supplies and resources, and communicate ordering needs in a timely manner
- As assigned operate instrumentation and equipment
- Support the maintenance of equipment and laboratory facilities by completion of routine and nonroutine tasks
- Generate reports on laboratory experiments in adherence to quality standards
- Support scientists for the preparation, execution, and clean-up of experiments
- Completes additional tasks as needed and assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Materials Science, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering, or another relevant field. Relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Hands-on experience with wet laboratory equipment and skills preferred.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Detail oriented with a demonstrated acumen for critical thinking and problem solving
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
*Note: This job description is intended to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities for the incumbents holding this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
Contact Us to Apply
To apply, please email [email protected] Please include a cover letter detailing how you are uniquely suited for the open position. A resume without such a cover letter will not be considered. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nanoscience Analytical!
Nanoscience Analytical is a cutting edge laboratory in Phoenix, Arizona committed to quality, transparency, and partnership. Our passion is science. Our mission is to deliver laboratory solutions to accelerate scientific innovation through various techniques. With a diverse team of experts, supported by a rigorous Quality Management System, Nanoscience Analytical provides valuable data and strives to continuously exceed customer expectations.