Job Title: Analytical Electrospinning Scientist
Reports To: Analytical Laboratory Director
Job Status: Full-Time
Department: Analytical Services
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Nanoscience Analytical is expanding its team and looking for a scientist to fill the role of electrospinning analytical scientist. This exciting position will focus on the usage and applications of electrospinning and electrospraying techniques to synthesize nanofibers and nanoparticles. The position is a highly technical one, requiring the expertise in developing customer specific applications, formulations and processes. Routine interaction with customers and potential customers will require excellent verbal and writing skills, and a friendly, personable demeanor.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performing electrospinning and electrospraying experimental analysis on a contract basis for customers of Nanoscience Analytical, to include:
- Create electrospun scaffolds and electrosprayed particles based on application and customer needs
- Optimizing production parameters for weight, size, and morphology
- Troubleshooting electrospinning conditions to meet goals in a timely fashion
- Characterize samples with multiple techniques including, but not limited to, SEM and goniometry
- Utilize general chemistry using various lab equipment for solution and sample characterization
- Provide support and data interpretation, as needed
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Understanding quality management system guidelines and proper implementation of said guidelines
- Responsible for on time and accurate reporting of analysis to customers
- Timely response of inquiries to both customers and Nanoscience Analytical employees
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education / Experience
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Materials Engineering, or related field
- 3+ years experience and proficiency with electrospinning electrospraying
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creativity and good problem-solving skills, as applied to challenging electrospraying and electrospinning sample development
The Ideal Candidate Would Possess
- A desire to own projects and the deliverables with the drive to ensure completion
- Good verbal communication, organization, presentation, and technical writing skills
- Collaborative, team-oriented personality and acute attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve and handle challenges independently
- Experience working with Quality Processes, such as non-conformance management or LIMS, is a plus
Typical Working Conditions
Positions in the laboratory at Nanoscience Analytical may require working in locations or performing activities that, regardless of best efforts, may be described as potentially dangerous. These working conditions may be located in areas of chemical exposure and emitted radiation. Although not typical, the laboratory environments may contain hazardous exposure to fumes, dust, and other toxic substances. It is the responsibility of the employee to understand the hazards, wear proper PPE, and exercise extreme caution while working in such situations. Position may require periods of standing, carrying up to 50 lbs., and walking between labs and equipment.