Job Title: Analytical Project Coordinator & Quality Assurance Specialist
Reports To: Analytical Laboratory Director
Job Status: Full-Time
Department: Analytical Services
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Nanoscience Analytical is looking to hire an Analytical Project & Quality Assurance Specialist. This role will entail communicating with current and prospective customers, supporting project managers, and maintaining the ISO 9001 Quality Management System. This will be an exciting role for an individual who has excellent attention to detail and background in scientific analysis methods. At Nanoscience Analytical we focus on the preparation and analysis of Nanomaterials with a suite of advanced instrumentation. The ideal candidate for this role will be highly motivated and with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support the project work plan and documentation process by relating it to the overall corporate objectives of service, quality, and profitability.
- Follow-up and report on key metrics including customer satisfaction.
- Interact with customers by reaching out to new leads, following up with inquiries, and maintaining existing relationships.
- Work with sales team and analytical scientists to support & generate project proposals and price quotations.
- Update database system for tracking prospects, customers, and active projects.
- Ensure effective Quality Assurance/Quality Control mechanisms are in place and followed by staff.
- Maintain the quality management system at Nanoscience Analytical.
- Ensure that the technical processes and documentation including but not limited to document management of SOPs, CAPA, and employee training records are properly maintained.
- Develop, maintain, and administer a formal quality control review process which can be implemented at specific points during a project and serve as a procedural guide for technical staff.
- Lead quality assurance representative and coordinator for all internal and external audits.
- Maintain instrumentation including calibration records, service, and appropriate training plans for staff.
- Develop appropriate sub-plans such as a communications plan, quality assurance plan, resource plan, procurement plan, deployment plan, etc.
- Generate new techniques, ideas and solutions that can improve delivery, quality, increase efficiency, and reduce costs. Identifies lessons learned and shares with organization.
- Manage the monitoring and controlling aspects of a project including issue/risk identification and resolution, change management, reporting and internal/external communication, financial management, metrics, etc.
- Engage in analysis of samples as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education / Experience
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in physics, chemistry, material science or engineering discipline. Master’s degree preferred. Relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Experience 2-5 years as in a quality control/ assurance role in a laboratory or testing environment. Experience working in CRO a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities within a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organization skills, time management, and attention to detail.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including documentation of findings and recommendations.
- Excellent leadership, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment and build relationships.
- Proficiency in scheduling tools like MS Project or similar and MS Office Suite to include Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.